Effective Date: 09/01/2020
- “California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’)” means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
- “Cookies” means small text files placed on your device to store data that can be recalled by a web server in the domain that placed the Cookie.
- “General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’)” means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, which is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Proprietary Information” means confidential information that has intrinsic value to the Registered User(s) and that may be stored and accessed via the Website and/or DigiManuals App.
- “Account” means a Registered User’s account with the Website.
- “Registered User(s)” means companies that sign up for an Account with DigiManuals.com and their employees using that Account.
- “User(s)” means individuals who visit and browse the Website, including Registered Users and End Users.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Sander collects the following information from all Users who contact Sander seeking more information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Any other information uploaded or submitted to the Website directly or indirectly.
- First name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Account Login Information
- Payment Information
- Any other information uploaded or submitted to the Website directly or indirectly
- Your geolocation
- Your IP Address
- Your browser and search engine information
- Your device history
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitations, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
The Website also utilizes Cookies and similar technologies to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain features. We also use “web beacons” to help deliver Cookies and gather usage and performance data. The Website may also include Cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies from third-party service providers.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of Cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
|Cookie Type||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required||Required Cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to navigate the Website and use its features.||Because required Cookies are essential to operate the Website there is no ability to opt out.|
|Functional||Functional Cookies are not strictly necessary but allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you have made to personalize the Website, as well as to provide enhanced features.
We use Google Analytics to help us monitor how the Website is being used, where Users have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by use to improve the Website.
To manage the use of functional Cookies on the Website, please consult your individual browser settings for Cookies. Adjusting these settings my impact the functionality of the Website.
To learn about sharing your data with Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com. To opt out of our Google Analytics data collection you can download and install a browser add-on, available from the same website
- LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Information for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you with the DigiManuals services.
- HOW SANDER USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information based upon the lawful basis of Users’ consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the DigiManuals and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Information:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services
- Improve algorithms
- Measure service usage
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website
- Customize the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within the Website
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising
- Advertise products and services of Sander
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable
- Provide you with technical service and support including updates
- Provide you with information concerning Digimanuals' benefits or services
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user generated content
- Understand your needs and requests
- Communicate promotions or other offers
- Process payments
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website
Sander shares your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Sander has obtained your consent
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with Website, and/or associated services (we may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third-parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the associated services, and conducting our business)
- Where Sander or Digimanuals has been purchased by a third party
- Where sharing or disclosure or your Personal Information is necessary to respond to request by government authorities
- Where your Personal Information is demanded by a court order or subpoena
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of Sander
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where Sander is otherwise legally obligated to share your Personal Data or Personal Information.
Sander does not use or share your Proprietary Information except to the extent necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services.
- NO LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The third-party service providers affiliated with Sander and DigiManuals have their own privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA. You understand that even if Sander deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Sander has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Sander to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
Sander may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Sander has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFER AND STORAGE
Your Personal and Proprietary Information is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, India, and/or China and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information. You understand that your Personal and Proprietary Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal and Proprietary Information to us, please note that we transfer your Personal and Proprietary Information to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal and Proprietary Information in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide Sander with Personal and Proprietary Information that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts Sander to have their Personal and Proprietary Information removed from storage. As specified above, even if Sander deletes your Personal and Proprietary Information from its own serves, it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. You should consult with those third-parties in the event you would like Personal and Proprietary Information deleted therefrom.
- EU USERS’ RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, Sander recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification. This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”). This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability. This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object. This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making. This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request that Sander disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Have Personal Information Deleted. You have the right to request that Sander delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. Sander does not sell Personal Information; however, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. Sander shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request to Sander by contacting Sander at the address below.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Sander has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Sander at the address below.
- PURCHASE OR SALE OF THE WEBSITE OR OTHER ASSETS
- HOW TO STOP SANDER FROM COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can stop Sander from collecting your Personal Information by contacting Sander at the address below and requesting that Sander stop collecting your Personal Information. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact Sander with any requests regarding your Personal Information. Sander also honors Do Not Track requests and signals.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform Sander of any changes to your Personal Information.
- CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Sander does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Sander takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Sander, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Sander’s database.
- CONTACTS AND NOTICES
Sander Resources, L.L.C.
P.O. Box 2478
Austin, Texas 78768-9912